Join a Fast-Growing Fintech Company Led by Former Bank Executives
In 2015, our founders embarked on a mission to deliver fast and affordable funding to small businesses and empower financial institutions to better serve their customers. Since then, we have delivered millions in funding and built a world-class lending technology platform that we offer to financial institutions across North America. We continue to experience significant growth and are seeking top talent who think big and are willing to roll up their sleeves.
Like many leading fintech companies, our team consists of incredibly talented and passionate professionals. But what makes Lendified feel special is the diversity of our backgrounds and skills. We are home to entrepreneurs, former bank executives, developers, accountants, adjudicators, technologists, service specialists, and salespeople. We are also home to musicians, skiers, runners, hockey players, kiteboarders, aspiring dart professionals, sailors and yogis. This unique mix creates a balanced culture of professionalism and startup life, making Lendified a great place to work.
Perks and Benefits
- Make an impact – You’ll help shape the future of small business lending.
- Personal growth – You’ll work with really bright people on a variety of projects.
- Stock ownership program – You’ll be able to think and act like an owner because you are one.
- Mandatory fun – We have foosball, dart games, potlucks, social outings, and more.
- Downtown offices – Our Toronto and Vancouver offices are in great locations and close to public transit.
- Food – We keep our offices stocked with free snacks and organize the occasional team lunch.
If you are an innovative and analytical problem solver who is interested in changing the face of small business lending then we encourage you to apply for one of our open positions.
Business Development Representative – Toronto
If you are interested in building and implementing world-class adjudication software then we encourage you to check out our Judi.ai careers page. Don’t see a position that fits your background or skills? Email us at email@example.com to let us know how you can help the team.
Business Development Representative
Lendified is one of Canada’s fastest growing online lenders for small businesses, providing much needed capital to small businesses all across Canada.
At Lendified, we are solving complex problems in the small business lending space. We’re a lean, highly-collaborative team that takes on big challenges and works quickly and cross-functionally to achieve success for small businesses across Canada. If you’re an entrepreneurial, startup type, you’re gonna love it here.
We strive to remain an open, honest, and fun place to work that is shaped by the people within it. We are committed to building and supporting talent that reflects our diverse culture.
We are seeking an energetic and driven Business Development Representative to join our team. The BDR role is considered the ‘gateway’ into the company. The successful candidate will have the important task of providing qualified leads to our sales team. The candidate will proactively reach out to merchants who have requested information and will also cold-call new merchants. The goal is to pre-qualify candidates over the phone and put our sales team in a position where they can close the deal. It’s expected that the successful candidate be prepared to make north of 120 dials per day!
- Prospect and qualify warm prospects from Marketing as well as your own outbound efforts
- Conduct over-the-phone prospecting
- Prioritize and organize the lead pipeline for maximum efficiency on a daily basis
- Record and update data in Salesforce
- Learn and leverage product features, partners, marketing and others to ensure goals are met
- Research leads and stay in tune with changes in the finance and small business lending industry
- Work as a team to deliver the best customer experience at all times
- 1+ years sales experience (experience selling to businesses is preferred, but not required).
- Strong organization and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to adjust your schedule to the needs of the business owners (many are available during the 9-5 workday, but others may work evenings or weekends).
- Comfortable using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Having worked in investment, insurance, and/or mortgage sales is considered an asset.
- You’re very self-directed, resourceful, and ready to roll up your sleeves to do what’s necessary to drive business growth
- You’re excited about the idea of helping to build Lendifieds sales playbook and your curiosity will help to shape the creation of a repeatable sales process
- You’re creative and have a track record of making magic happen to get deals across the finish line when needed and you get fired up when deals come through
- You enjoy collaborating closely with your colleagues, being tapped on the shoulder to share tips & tricks while openly encouraging others to share what works for them
Work Conditions and benefits
- Opportunity to help small businesses grow and shape the future of small business lending.
- Ongoing support from our executives and department heads to help you succeed and grow.
- Flexible schedule.
- New office in downtown Toronto (we have the entire 20th floor of a building at Bay and Richmond).
- Diverse and friendly team who thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Free snacks.
- Fun events including potlucks, Blue Jays and TFC games, lunch and learn sessions, dart tournaments, nights out and more.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation.
- Health benefits.
- Base salary + Monthly Commissions + Quarterly & Semi-Annual bonuses
- Stock in our parent company (includes our lending and technology businesses).
Lendified is an equal opportunity employer committed to talent and diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to apply
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and send us your resume along with a short description of why you think you are the right person for the job.
Please include the job title in the Subject line of the email.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to talent and diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.